Monday, 25 February 2008

Winter wonderland walk.

Last week was half term, the children went to stay with my in- laws... and we sneaked off to the Lakes to stay in a very inspirational house on the edge of beautiful Lake Windemere.

Before I went away I offered you a day out - a walk was the most popular choice...so, as we were away somewhere desperately pretty I thought we'd walk....
Hardknot and Wrynose pass are vertical, but very impressive....do you feel puffed out yet?

No? We'll continue...

The husband pauses to admire the view....stunning isn't it/he!?


It's very peaceful - and the natives are friendly!

Fabulous blue skies, but it is really cold!

Minus 7 last night!

But I still think it's VERY beautiful....back to the house for a drinkie!


Should you want to stay at Broadleys - Christine and Kingsley are super hosts -they can be contacted through - Broadleys
we loved our stay here - it's a very special place indeed.