Friday, 4 January 2008

FOOD IS LOVE!


Having had 20 pre Christmas guests, 8 for Christmas and 15 for new year, I could moan about being exhausted and all Christmased out, but I'm jolly well not complaining!

We had a really special Christmas, which has revolved around friends, family and FOOD!

.........A few 'Thank You's' are in order!

After watching Heston Blumenthal cook up his perfect Christmas, the Husband insisted on it snowing - inside the house! so, Thank you Husband, for being such an old romantic, and 'Thank you' Snow Business for coming up with the white stuff!

My favourite florist, Rachel at The Fresh Flower Company aided the look with a forest of giant silver candelabra and huge bowls of floating white roses with jewel encrusted centres - thanks Rachel, it looked gorgeous.

Thank you to Lady B for friendship and glittering truffles!

My bestest pal gave me a super cookery book to add to my collection (Ok, I do know that with 70 recipe books it's now an obsession!). This new tome, entitled "How to feed your friends with RELISH" is right up my galley!
It's author advises that -
serving poncy food doesn't make your friends love you more - hurrah! She advises - Food is love! And I agree!

So, for me, like Heston, this WAS a 'perfect' Christmas, it's not about the gifts, or cooking 'clever' food, it's all about the pleasure of spending time together, and sharing food! Thank you ALL!

All being well, the house is getting rebuilt this year, so this was our last bit of entertaining for a while.....all the more time to dream up something fun for when we finished! By which time I may have finally managed to clear up all that ****** snow!!

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2008.

PS.
Thank you Darling, for the 'cashmere tennis balls'!!! xx